Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2468 Box Challenge Gallery , Winner and New Template!


Wow guys, that was a lot of entries for our very first challenge. Pam and I are thrilled you are so far enjoying this new blog and it's challenges. We decided that after a week of creating, we too need to create again so here are our second samples. In each sample, we played with the template just a bit to make something completely different.

For Pam's sample she used a piece of pattern paper measuring 6"x 11" and scored every 2 1/2" across instead of 2". Then scored up on the bottom 1 1/2", making the box a little larger. Pam then added a handle and embellishments to finish.

For my sample, I used the same size cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") and s
cored the same way on the short side (2", 4", 6" and 8") but on the long side instead of scoring up 2" on one side, I scored 1 1/2" in on both sides. It made this great little box with top flap!

You liked that one? Try this! We are ready to challenge you again with milk cartons! Click on the template link below and see our samples below as well!

Milk Carton Template


For my sample, I decided to brayer three different colours on some vellum cardstock and fold it into the milk carton. This gave a sort of sunrise/sunset effect. I embossed a blossom stem and added a Chinese character. I can just see this filled with loose tea or fortune cookies!


Pam's sample uses Whisper White card stoc
k
and pattern paper . The top portion was colored a pale shade of blue using a marker, then stamped with beach themed stamps. Pam embellished with different flowers, stickers, brads and a cute little crab eyelet to finish off her beach themed milk carton.

Now the moment you have been waiting for. We had a hard time choosing just one winner, because you all inspired us with your amazing creations! Here is our 3D Design Challenge first ever Winner who will receive a gift certificate from our August Sponsor Creative Cuts and More... Jennifer Beason! Congrats Jennifer, we will be contacting you with info on how to claim your prize!

Our August Sponsor, Creative Cuts and More carries hundreds of die cuts available in many colors and textures of paper and other fun materials. Creative Cuts and More also carries exclusive die cuts that you won't find anywhere else, like their "coffin box", which would be great for Halloween party favors. They also carry a waterfall card sets and other movement card die cuts, fantastic for the fast approaching holidays when you send out lots of cards to friends and relatives. Stop by their gallery for lots of great ideas, tutorials and ways to decorate die cuts as well. If you have fun designing our milk carton template then you will be happy to know that Creative Cuts and More sells a milk carton die cut, all the hard work is done for you!

Here is the gallery of all of your designs! Thank you so much for participating and get ready to play again! We can't wait to see your Milk Cartons!! Remember your links are due next Tuesday, August 26th by 9PM MST (GST-7) here on this post.


2468 Gallery

Kelly

Annette

Samantha

StampinC

Christi

Dawn

Camillae

Cat

Annette

Annette

Michelle

Renee

Heidi

Chloe

Greg

Karie

Noa

Jennifer

Mousekat

Lori

Jennifer Hansen

20 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Congrats Jennifer. I have to try this milk carton. Haven't made one of those yet, but that will soon change.

thescrapmaster said...

Congrats Jennifer! Great challenge, can't wait to try it out.

Jennifer Beason said...

Whoo-Hoooo!!! That's great news. Thank you so much, this was such a fun project to do and I win a prize too...Lucky Me!!!:)

Jen

Unknown said...

Congrats Jennifer
I have to ask , with all the work on your box, how long did it take you ?

I also have a question for Carrie and Pamela, I was not able to get the template to print. All I got to print was at the top saying "page 1" I was wondering if you could offer any help.
Thank you

Jennifer Beason said...

Thanks mousekat,

The box didn't take long at all it, I'd say two hours tops and that was with two little ones running around!
Without them about half the time.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having printing problems - did you try saving it to your desktop before printing? Sometimes that helps....
~Carrie

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Congrats Jennifer :) Your box is just adorable!

Annette said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Your box was beautiful!

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Congrats Jennifer...that box was just gorgeous! I'm looking forward to this Milk Carton challenge but what do you use the milk carton for? Gift box?

StampinCathy said...

Another fun challenge. I've always wanted to try making a milk carton. I just think they are so cute. So that the picture isn't that good, I have to get my DH to fix the camera to the automatic or something. Maybe I did to take a class.
Here is the link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1025111?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Thanks for letting me play along. I really enjoyed making this.

Unknown said...

Congrats Jennifer, as soon as I saw yours I knew it was a winner!

Another fun challenge this week and here is my entry...

http://vanlaardesigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/got-pencils-3d-design-challenge.html

Unknown said...

mine's on my blog now

http://southernfairydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/kaboodle-doodle-challenge-1.html

Annette said...

Here is my entry for the milk carton challenge. Thanks for another fun template!
http://www.annette-paperbistro.blogspot.com/

Camillae said...

Congrats Jennifer!You have a beautiful box.

This is my entry for the milk carton challenge. I enjoy it very much. Thank you ladies.

http://sewscraptoheart.blogspot.com/2008/08/3d-design-challenge-2.html

Noa .d. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noa .d. said...

another great challenge! I used it for a happy birthday greeting for my mom. here is my entry:
my milk carton

thank you!

Dawn said...

Thanks for another great 3D item to make. Here is my carton....enjoy!

http://prettypaperandpics.blogspot.com/2008/08/3d-milk-carton.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for another great challenge !
Here is my entry http://mousekat.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Hansen said...

Shoot...I ran out of time to make one before the deadline. Still planning to make some though...love the template!

Rachelle said...

Okay I know this is late, but I just foned your blog and would love to try a milk carton. Any help on how to print the template to size? Or do I just wing it?
(when I print it, it comes out about 3 inches tall)