Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hanging Heart Challenge




Happy February! Can you believe we are onto our second month of the 2009 already?!
For our first challenge this month we have made a template for you to make the ever so popular
"Hanging Heart" made from a "Petal Card" template. A cute little basket that you can fill with all kinds of Valentine treats for your loved ones. Just print out the template, cut two petal cards, score two of the flaps to get your heart shape. Attach folded flaps to a strip of paper measuring of 2"x 8 1/2" scored in half at 4 1/4".

Petal Card Template "Hanging Heart"


Pink Persimmon is our "Sponsor of the Month" and Pam used their Flower Garden set to create the little bird, butterfly and snail on this project. This set is so versatile and could be used for just about anything
at all! Remember to check out the prize that Pink Persimmon has for us to give away later this month. (February 18th to be exact)


This week play along and show us what your creation! We will draw a name and you will have a chance at winning a great prize from our continued sponsor Daily Window Products!! You have until next Tuesday, February 10th 9PM MST to leave a comment here with the thread link to your blog or gallery. We can't wait to see how you will decorate your hanging heart!

13 comments:

janedoe said...

Wow, I just love this one. Will have to see what I can do as it's such a cute little idea!

melita said...

I love this! In fact, I just made one for my dd to carry her valentine's in =) I would also like to share it as a special project on another blog, giving y'all full credit of course! would that be okay?

Nathalia Castellon said...

This is a perfect challenge and right on time for Valentine's Day! Pam's sample is so soft and pretty, especially with the scalloped lace border.

I created one that you can see HERE. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pamela Smerker said...

Melita we would love for you to share our project! Thanks for asking!!

Susan said...

My heart pouch in posted here: http://www.stampinsusan.com/2009/02/heart-pouch.html Love this idea!

Kylie said...

Thanks for a fun challenge, it was great to play along!
You can find my hanging heart HERE

Have a wonderful week!
Take Care
~Kylie~

melita said...

Thanks for your response Pamela! I will be sure to include the link when it goes live on Valentine's day!

Carrie Gaskin said...

WOW - you ladies have done a great job so far. We are looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Unknown said...

Yay! I found a little time to play this week!

http://vanlaardesigns.blogspot.com/2009/02/sweetie.html

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is too sweet! Love those colours you've used SO much! I'll have to try this template out. I made a version by enlarging the SU template here.
Thank You for the gorgeous inspiration! Hugs, :O) mel

RobinDiane said...

I love this challenge. Here is what I made: http://mylifeexpose.blogspot.com/2009/02/3-d-challenge-hanging-heart-challenge.html

janedoe said...

I might be a little late with this project, but I'm writing it up as a hybrid tutorial for a digital site I work for and will link your blog post up for people to come download the template (hope that's okay). Here's the sample I made.

http://digitalcreations.typepad.com/digital_creations/2009/02/hybrid-hanging-heart-box.html

Nicci said...

Thats just so cute!!