Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Penguin Pants Mini Book


Can you believe it is October already?! Boy how time flies when you are having fun and boy are we having fun with our Penguin Pants stamps! Penguin Pants is 3D Design Challenge's "October Sponsor" and Carrie and I have had a blast making this their fabulous clear stamps.

For this weeks challenge Carrie has a great mini album template for you. Download the template, create your version of this album and post it to your blog or other online gallery. Leave us a comm
ent here on this post with a link to your creation, you have until October 7, 2008 9PM MST (-7GST).

One Little Book Template

For Carrie's mini album she used the "Altered Labels" set from Penguin Pants. Her daughter recently went away to Brownie camp and she wanted to make a great little keepsake album so she could remember this very momentous first camping trip. She used the colours that are in keeping with the Brownies (orange, brown, navy) and used the pattern pretty much to the letter. You'll see from the inside photo that most pages are blank - some are stamped with the... stamps but most pages are left for her daughter to write stories and add pictures.


For my album I used "Halloween Hang ups" from
Penguin Pants to decorate the cover of this mini album. After I stamped the images the scene reminded me of Van Gogh's "Starry Night" painting. So when I colored the sky, moon and tree I tried to imitate the pattern that Van Gogh used. Of course my little creation isn't anywhere near as brilliant as the famous artist, but I like the way it turned out. I left the pages inside blank so that I can add photos that will be taken this Halloween. This little book will be a great gift to relatives out of town who don't see our family often.

As you know, we like to put blogs In The Spotlight mid-month and we've seen a ton of different blogs.
We were so impressed with one that we asked her to be a Guest 3D Designer this month - introducing Melissa McCarthy!

Melissa was given the template of the month to work with and boy did she come up with something super fantastic!

Here is a brief write up on her project in her own words:


It's hard to believe that a sheet of 12x12 cardstock (with an 8 4.5 inch cover) can turn into a whole little book, but it works with the "One Little Book!" I knew I wanted to make a little button book gift set. (It's for keeping track of the extra buttons & fixtures that come with clothes.) This book was perfect for a button book, because the pages are nice & sturdy when you make it from cardstock, so it holds the buttons really well.

If you want an amazing blog experience, please go and take a look at Melissa's blog, MelStampz.


Thanks in advance to all of our faithful readers and players. We appreciate all of you spreading the word of our fun little challenge blog and look forward to seeing all of your great designs this week! Don't forget to check out our AWESOME sponsor this month Penguin Pants. They have high quality clear stamps that you won't want to miss out on! We will see you next week with our Top 3D's and a fabulous gallery of ideas created by YOU!

12 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous mini albums! I love your idea Carrie to match the Brownie colours & make a camp book. That is way too cute! What a treasure it'll be in years to come. Pamela, your Van gogh colouring technique is a stroke of genius. I SO have to try that!!! I love the look you got with that great stamp and the bold beautiful colour. Thanks so much for the fun challenge & the link love. Can't wait to try your next challenge! :O)

1 Crafty Gal said...

This is sooo adorable!!!

But, I need serious help. I can't figure this pattern out to save my sorry butt! LOL!

Brenda said...

Like 1 crafty gal I too am challenged with this pattern. What am I doing wrong.... I would love to make a few of these for Christmas Gifts.
HELP!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Another really fun challenge ladies! Here's what I came up with:

http://vanlaardesigns.blogspot.com/2008/10/one-little-disneyland-book.html

Melanie said...

Mel's stuff is amazing!! :)

1 Crafty Gal said...

I did it! I did it!! YAY me!

http://1craftygal.blogspot.com/2008/10/3d-challenge.html

Unknown said...

Oh, I really love this one! Mini album from one piece of cardstock!

Here is mine: http://mayadahan.blogspot.com/2008/10/give-yourself-present.html

Unknown said...

here's mine

Dawn said...

I am SO bummed! My camera is not working so I was not able to get my picture posted in time....hopefully I can get it up tomorrow so you can see what I did with it!

Attiq Ur Rehman said...

Great post and thanks for the posting on the challenge carrie which has a great mini album template. I hope this post is useful for the visitors.
Hotel Key Cards

AbcHobby.it said...

Great idea!!! Here my mini album:
http://abc-hobby.blogspot.com/2010/01/dolci-pensieri.html

thanks!!
eli

Unknown said...

You're so creative!! Thanks for posting. :)

For information on HID Prox Card and ID badge printer visit Safecard ID.