Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Daily Window Bag Winner


Thanks to everyone who played along, it was tough picking just one person. You all had fabulous ideas!! We surely don't want to forget our FABULOUS sponsor this month Daily Window Products for the wonder Urban Tote that will be given to one of our lucky winners today!

Pam's idea for this bag is similar to many of our players this week. A note book with just the right measurements to fit in the clear pocket of our wonderful Urban Tote bag. Pam decorated the cover of this notebook, which also includes a matching pen, using rub-ons and felt letters. This notebook will be used for inspirational notes, such as color combos and layouts that she comes across in everyday settings. It is never a bad time to jot down that great color combo you might see at Starbucks or Target, inspiration is all around us. Oh and this great little notebook was found at Target for $2.49...what a bargain!

My idea was slow in coming but once I figured it out in my head, I was good to go! My mom (who is not a crafter) found these great little frames at a store recently and purchased them for me (thanks mom). I cut out a backing with a piece of scrap cardboard and covered it with some cardstock. I drew out the tree on my own (really the most drawing ability I have) and added different colour scallop circles for the tree. I made little inserts for the frames and added a little robin as they usually reside in trees.

This front is not just pretty - but is hides something very special - a grandma brag book! The is the cover and I've used my Zutter to bind a bunch of pages together for a grandparent (not saying which one) to bring out and share!

The talented winner of the Daily Window "Urban Tote" is...drum roll.....

Dawn

and here is your gallery:

Legojenta

Kelly


1CraftyGal

Amy


Jen


Thank you all so much for playing this week. Stay tuned for next week's template, its fantastic and we have a guest 3D designer who will knock your socks off!

We'd like to ask of you one more thing. Share our blog. We have a great time doing it but can't do it without you! Add our blinkie to your site or refer your friends to our challenges. The more that participate, the better we'll all be!

9 comments:

Amy said...

I added the blimkie to mine!

Amy said...

I forgot to congratulate Dawn on winning the challenge!!

Dawn said...

Yeah! I can't believe I won!!!! Thank you both for such an awesome challenge blog :)

StampinCathy said...

Congrats Dawn! All the projects were great. I missed out on this week, but there's always next week.

MacKenzie said...

Such cute projects by everyone! I'm finally back from vacation and ready to start playing along again :-)
Looking forward to the next challenge!

thescrapmaster said...

Congrats Dawn!!! What a great prize!

~Samantha

Jens Place in Space said...

Congratulations Dawn!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Dawn! Really beautiful work.
I am happy to tell anyone about this site...I think it is wonderful and so much fun! I was unable to participate in this last challenge because I was out of town, but I really look forward to the next one.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous projects. Love the notebook. It's adorable. Love the details & that it fits in a tote. TOO clever! (And I especially adore the idea to jot down colour combos when you're out and about.)

I'm flipping my lid about your tree project. It's like we're sharing the same brain! No word of a lie: I was visiting my Mom & bought about 20 packages of those exact frames to make a family tree for my grandparents (shhh, it's a secret) ;o) How coincidental hey? I'm going to put photos of the HUGE family in the frames, but Oh is it tempting to use cute little stick faces. They are AWESOME! I think it's ultra pretty! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration! :O)